Specializing in 16 year old permits...
reasonable rates...


Let's Roll Driving School

Call us - 609.294.1739, 609.399.8044


Help / Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How soon will I begin my six hours of driving after I submit my application for driving instruction to Let's Roll Driving School, LLC?

A: Let's Roll Driving School LLC will send you all required application documents. Once we have your permit application paperwork, we must transport the papers to the Motor Vehicle Agency. Once your permit is issued, we will call you to schedule your first driving lesson. This process typically takes 1-2 days.

Q: After I complete my six hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, how soon afterward will I be able drive with my parents?

A: You have a pre-validated permit during your six hours of instruction. This means that you are only allowed to drive in an Let's Roll Driving School LLC Driving School car under the supervision of your driving instructor. Once you complete your six hours of instruction, Let's Roll Driving School LLC will validate your permit at the DMV. You will then receive your validated permit. Only then may you drive with your parents.

Q: Once my permit is validated with whom may I drive other than my parents?

A: You may drive with a NJ driver with a valid license, who has been licensed for three years or more, and is 21 years or older.

Q: What are my driving RESTRICTIONS with my GDL Student Permit?

A: Restrictions under the GDL student permit include:

  • NO driving between 11:01 PM and 5:00 AM.
  • Passengers must be from the student driver’s household. There may be only one additional passenger not from the household.
  • All occupants of the vehicle MUST wear safety belts.
  • GDL Student Permit holder as driver MUST NOT use a cell phone or any other wireless device while on the road.
  • All driving will occur with an Adult Supervising Driver in the front passenger seat. An Adult Supervising Driver is defined as someone with a valid NJ Driver license; 21 years of age and licensed to drive for at least 3 years.
  • NO OUT OF STATE DRIVING…unless you call the State Police of the state in which you want your student to drive, and request permission.

Q: What should I do if I lose my permit?

A: We must apply for a duplicate permit. You must supply Let's Roll Driving School LLC with your official civil birth certificate or original proof of birth and original proof of passing the written test, the high school test waiver card. There is an additional fee for a duplicate permit.

Q: Who insures me for my six hours of behind-the-wheel instruction?

A: We do! During your six hours with us, you are fully insured under our insurance policy. Once you complete the six hours, we will give you a certificate of completion for which most insurance companies give reduced rates. Contact your insurance provider to see what discounts apply to you.

Q: Do your instructors go through a background check?

A: Yes, all instructors are licensed through state agencies that include fingerprinting and criminal background check.

Q. What if I have to miss a scheduled behind-the-wheel session?

A: Behind-the-wheel sessions can be rescheduled by calling the office. Less then 24-hour notice may result in a rescheduling fee.

Q: What papers do I have to bring with me to the road test?

A: When appearing for the road test, please be sure you arrive with:

  • The proper 6 points of documentation for the GDL permit holder’s identification and legal address required by the state of New Jersey.
  • These documents include but aren’t limited to:
    An original, civil birth certificate or proof of birth or a valid passport
    An original social security card
    A current bank statement in the permit holder’s legal name
    An original high school test waiver card, with signatures, stamp and score of at least an “80”
    A current high school report card
  • A vehicle with a current inspection and the proper registration and insurance cards.
  • A New Jersey licensed driver 21 years of age or older.
  • A vehicle that does NOT have the yellow “check engine” light illuminated.
  • A vehicle without a center console OR if equipped with a center console it is also equipped with a center console mounted emergency / parking brake lever.
  • Please arrive 15 to 30 minutes ahead of your appointed time.

Q: What type of car is acceptable for my road test?

A: The brake must be accessible for the tester to reach in case of an emergency. If you have a console in between the two front seats, there must be an emergency brake in the center of the two front seats. If there is no console, the examiner must feel he/she is able to reach the brake, or you will be rejected. It is their discretion. You cannot use a rental car. Remember to bring proper insurance and registration of the vehicle you are using. Automatic or stick shift is allowed.

Q: What do I do if I have to reschedule my road test date?

A: You must reschedule your road test at any motor vehicle agency. Bring your required paperwork with you to the agency. Click here to change a scheduled date on line at the motor vehicle website. You will need information found on your permit to reschedule.

Other Resources

Click here for suggested books about driving skills and attitudes.

Home Location Services Tests Included Books Contact Privacy